Here are five quick tips:
- For older kids, find out exactly with whom they are going out trick-or-treating and stay in close communication via text or voice, with an agreed upon arrival time back home.
- If your child is going to a Halloween party, find out who is supervising, and discuss your child’s body-safety rules with those adults.
- Accompany younger children and children of mixed ages on the trick-or-treat route. Walk younger children to the door.
- Review your child’s body-safety rules.
- Remind children that you are available to come pick up them up and that you will never be mad if your child breaks a body-safety rule.